Mowbray Toddler Group
We are restarting our Toddler Group from Tuesday 4th May 2021.
As part of our Early Years Provision, we operate a Toddler Group every Tuesday morning during term-time for children up to 3 years old. The group is for all members of the local community - not just parents of children attending Mowbray.
The Toddler Group is organised by our Pastoral Manager, Mrs Jane Baines and she is supported by a group of volunteers made up of members of the community. Action for Children also attend our Toddler Group and run messy play sessions for the children.
The Toddler Group organises different seasonal activities and themes throughout the year and now also offers the chance to access the Mowbray School library for story-time with your child. We also arrange frequent visits to view our Early Years Unit - which particularly helps transition for any children wishing to join our nursery unit.
Please note that we have had to make quite a few changes to Toddler Group to ensure we are compliant with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Risk Assessments as well as Government guidelines and restrictions. These alterations are as follows:
- Places are now limited to 15 adults (under 5s are exempt). We are therefore limiting attendance to ONE adult per child / family group.
- Places MUST be pre-booked using the Google Form link below. This must be done weekly and places will be confirmed via email on a weekly basis.
- Contact details MUST be provided when booking to adhere to Contact Tracing rules - these will be held for 21 days
- Face coverings MUST be worn (unless exempt or for children under 11 yesr of age)
- The school hall will be well ventilated - on cooler mornings you may wish to have additional layers to hand.
- All attendees must complete a Coronavirus (COVID-19) screening questionnaire when reserving a place and on arrival to confirm that they do not have symptoms and have not tested postive for COVID-19
- Please follow good hand and respiratory hygiene rules when in attendance - hand sanitiser and handwashing facilities will be provided.
- Session times have been adapted to allow for more cleaning time at the end of the session - new session times are 9:15am to 10:30am
- No refreshments will be on offer - as a result we have adapted the cost to £1.50 per child and £1 for any additional children.
- Please have the correct money ready on arrival as no change can be given.
We are also encouraging all eligible attendees undertake a Lateral Flow Test no earlier than 2 days before they attend the Toddler Group and that they receive a Negative result from this test. Tests are available to order by clicking the following link: Information and Ordering for Rapid Lateral Flow Home Test Kits
No-one should attend Toddler Group or the school site if they have any symptoms of Coronavirus (COVID-19) which are:
- A new, continuous cough
- A high temperature
- Any loss or change to taste and / or smell
No-one should attend Toddler Group or the school site if they have tested Postive for COVID-19.
If anyone lives with someone, is in a support bubble or childcare bubble with someone who has tested positive, is displaying symptoms or is awaiting test results then they MUST NOT attend Toddler Group or the school site.
If you would like to request a place at Toddler Club, please complete the form via the link below before 9:00am the day before Toddler Group. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
We are unable to accept "walk-ins" on the day. Please ensure you have received your confirmation email before attending Toddler Group. If you have not had your place confirmed you will not be able to attend.